While property is often touted as one of the safest means of investing your money, individual property markets can be incredibly fickle. But thanks to Doron Peleg and his team at RiskWise Property Research, we have some people who are using the power of data and algorithms to make property investment more of a science and less of a guessing game.
On this episode of Get Invested, Doron and I have a fruitful chat about the importance of rationality in investment. He’s an incredibly intelligent fellow and has a lot to say that will surprise you.
We also talk about:
- Why historical data can be misleading
- The usefulness of rationality, data and planning ahead
- Why you should always be thinking in the long-term
- Whether hotspots are really “hot”
- Top insights into local Australian markets
- How houses have always outperformed units in Australia’s property market
- The many ways politics can affect the property market
- Why couples can make great property investment teams