Our focus is always on how to invest your resources to the greatest effect, but this particular installment of the Get Invested podcast comes in a noticeable shade of altruism. This is because my guest in this week’s show is Hunter Leonard. Hunter is the founder and CEO of Silver & Wise. He is known for helping large businesses with marketing strategy, including Bluescope Steel, NAB, Bendigo Bank, Melbourne Brick and many more. He is also the author of several acclaimed books, a successful businessman and someone with a sharp eye for giving back.
Sitting down with Hunter and picking his brain was a real pleasure. In our chat, we covered his early investments/career, how he thinks about money, definitions of success, how to allocate your resources, the productivity potential of older folks and the importance of giving back to your community.
Listen to the full episode to hear all this, plus:
- Why an investment in yourself is often the most important one to make
- The lessons and teachings of Hunter’s first business
- Hunter’s advice to his 18-year-old self
- Different perspectives on what it means to be successful
- The difference between an ‘investor’ and an ‘outvestor’
- What Hunter would do with 10 million dollars
- The intangible benefits of altruistic work
- Why so many people in Australia feel unfulfilled, and what they should do about it