If you want to hear the inner thoughts of one of Australia’s most experienced real estate minds, then you’ll definitely want to listen to this week’s episode of Get Invested, where I speak with property and real estate legend, Kevin Turner.
Before starting his real estate career back in 1988, Kevin worked in radio as an announcer, salesperson, promotions manager and was general manager of several radio stations. From there, he went on to work at a major real estate franchisor as a sales trainer and business development associate. Since then, Kevin has been able to combine his radio and real estate careers to become a public source of knowledge, hosting Australia’s most listened to property podcast, Real Estate Talk.
In our chat, we covered his early investments and career, how he thinks about property, how to allocate your resources properly, mistakes made and lessons learned, and the future of Australian real estate.
We also get into all of this, too:
- How real estate has changed in the last 10 years
- Why you should never be the smartest person in a room
- Why Kevin’s first investment was such a mistake
- How Kevin developed a love of real estate
- The pros and cons of the build process
- How to test a real estate agent
- The best and worst real estate advice floating around
- Why saying no is even more important than saying yes
- Differences between Australian and US markets
- Critical analysis of specific real estate markets across Australia
- Why property can be a forgiving investment in many cases