Keen to hear some tips and tricks for successful investing that lead to a secure and time-rich life? If so, I think you’re going to get a lot out of this week’s episode. My guest is the global director of Shirlaws Group and the founder of Growth Metrics Australia. His name is Tim Dwyer, and he’s a business coach, strategist and advisor who has mastered the art of helping small and medium-sized enterprises.
In our fascinating conversation, we followed Tim’s journey in business over the course of his decorated career. We dove deep into business philosophy, frameworks for investing and scaling a business, and approaches to money that lead to wealth and freedom. We also touched on how Tim approaches property investment and how he allocates his financial resources.
Listen to the full episode to hear all this, plus:
- The difference between flogging things and selling real solutions
- The importance of operating on high margin and low volume
- Tim’s ‘width and depth’ framework
- Why Richard Branson is so famous, and how to emulate his branding approach
- Tim’s biggest regret
- The opportunity represented by the older generation divesting themselves of property
- What the stock market as a whole can tell an individual business owner
- The pitfalls of DIY-ing property investment