When it comes to podcasting, there are few bigger names than John Lee Dumas, host of the hugely popular Entrepreneurs On Fire podcast. And it’s a very great pleasure to have him on this episode of Get Invested.
With ‘Entrepreneurs On Fire’, John has really been an inspiration for so many people, from Silicon Valley heavyweights to wantrepreneurs looking for a place to start. It’s easy to see why. He’s a guy filled with generosity of spirit and knowledge, and in this episode we get some great insights into his business and investment journey and what he’s learned along the way.
Compared to some of our other episodes, this one’s an absolute machine-gun dance (under 20 minutes), but I think you’ll agree it’s packed with gold.
Here are just some of the nuggets we unearth:
- Why John believes the best investment he ever made is himself
- Why he’s passionate about dollar cost averaging and index investing
- How John invests in practice, and his big wins
- Why he recommends getting your hands dirty before jumping into a degree
- The importance of investing in a team
- Why he thinks he’s so bad at many things
- Why it’s better to be a person of value than success
- The difference between in-vestors and out-vestors
- Why he lives in Puerto Rico (and maybe you should too)