Australian property expert Bushy Martin featured in a 60 Minutes story about the state of the Australian housing market.Continue reading
Successful people in all walks of life exhibit some common traits. You’ll find that most are lifelong learners. They’re always questioning. They’re often big readers, and always seek out knowledge – improving and honing their skills.
But most of all they’re not afraid to reach out to the best of the best in their field and learn from them. It’s a trait that my guest Tyrone Shum on this episode of Get Invested – has turned into an art form. Tyrone is host of the hugely popular Property Investory podcast. In essence, he picks the brains of the crème de la crème in the property investment game so you and I can benefit from their experience and knowledge.
Tyrone’s own story – from real estate agent to digital marketing guru, nomad entrepreneur to top podcast host and budding property developer – is an inspiration in itself.
Here are some of the brain-filling goodies you’ll get from my chat with Tyrone:
- Why knowledge is nothing without action
- Distilling the wisdom of property experts through their stories
- The value of applying just-in-time learning
- The power of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
- Building an audience and impacting the lives of thousands
- The inspiration of Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Moving from property investing to property development
- Avoiding analysis paralysis
- Living the digital nomad life funded by passive income
- Why there’s not such thing as the property market (Hint: It’s got a lot to do with emotion)
- Common strategies of top property investors
If you’re keen to start your property investment journey on the right foot, while maintaining balance and harmony in your life, you’ll want to grab a pen and takes notes during this episode of Get Invested. My guest is Mike Reid, a Director at training and advisory company, Dent Global, a world-renowned organisation that helps entrepreneurs to stand out and scale up their businesses.
Mike is a man with wisdom beyond his years. And in this wide-ranging conversation, we’ll take a look at his journey so far, as a property investor with a growing portfolio, as an entrepreneur and influencer, and as a human being. Personally, I’m astounded by his insights at such a young age. I think you’ll agree there’s a lot we can learn from how he’s setting himself up and creating a success story that’s only going to get better and better.
In this inspiring episode, we cover:
- The limitations of traditional pathways and choosing entrepreneurship
- Choosing wealth for freedom and choice not materialism
- The power of surrounding yourself with entrepreneurial people
- Making an impact on clients’ businesses and in the world
- Mike’s approach to property investing, and how he got his start
- Developing income and wealth in parallel
- The importance of balance, patience and persistence
- Embracing time as a friend not a foe
- Some thoughts on property cycles
- Developing a property investment team
- Understanding yourself and your values when it comes to wealth creation